Now that the holidays are over and a new year is upon us, a lot of families may be cleaning out the old to make room for the new. Depending on what you're getting rid of, the PTO would like to make a couple of requests, and also offer some tips.
1. Miner has a "treasure" chest of small toys that are used as prizes for the students. If you're one of those homes with children that quickly accumulate a variety of small toys and trinkets and want to get rid of some, please consider donating them. Just drop off any items at the front desk. If you'd like a receipt for tax purposes, just email us at email@example.com.
2. Planning has begun for Miner's Third Annual Spring Yard Sale! The school has once again offered space at the school for storage of donations until the sale occurs later this year (tentatively April 28). As you clean and organize for the new year, just bring any toys, games, clothes, household items, furniture, decor, or other items in good condition to the school at any time starting after we return from break. We are still working out final logistics for drop off of donations, so in the meantime, you can leave them in the Parent Resource Center (Room 143) just off the East Lobby. If you'd like a receipt for tax purposes, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Some used Apple devices in working condition may quality for a gift card when mailed back to Apple. See https://www.apple.com/recycling/ for more information.
4. For devices that are too old or no longer work, here are a couple of options:
5. As part of the PTO's Spring Yard Sale, we will accept dropped off e-waste and other household hazardous waste at Miner, after which we will transport it to Ft. Totten as a community service. See the above DPW link for accepted e-cycle items, and here for accepted household hazardous waste: https://dpw.dc.gov/node/466802