Miner Elementary is a DC Public School and follows the admissions and enrollment processes of DCPS. Miner starts at PreK3 and goes through 5th grade.
- Children who are in-boundary for Miner can enroll starting in Kindergarten without entering the lottery. Children must turn five by September 30 in order to be eligible for Kindergarten.
- Families wishing to enroll their children in PreK3 or PreK4 must apply through the My School DC Lottery. Students who are in-boundary for Miner and do not match with a school they rank higher than Miner in the DCPS lottery are guaranteed a space as part of the DCPS Early Action program. Children must turn 3 by September 30 in order to be eligible for PreK. Click here for more information on the DCPS Pre-Kindergarten program.
- Out-of-boundary students entering Kindergarten through 5th grade must also apply through the My School DC lottery.
- Visit www.myschoolDC.org to complete the lottery application.
What school is my child assigned to?
How do I enter my child in the lottery?
Important Dates for the 2023-24 Lottery
The key dates for the SY 2023-24 My School DC Lottery are below. Visit the My School DC homepage for more information:
- December 10, 2022 - Virtual EdFEST
- December 12, 2022 - Lottery Application Opens
- March 1, 2023 - Lottery Application Closes (PreK3-8th grade)
- March 31, 2023 - Lottery Results Announced
- May 1, 2023 - Enrollment Deadline for Matched Students
- June TBD - DCPS Aftercare Enrollment Opens
- August 29, 2023 - First Day of School (K-12th grade)
- September 5, 2023 - First Day of School (PreK)
2022-23 Miner Open Houses
The Miner Administration will hold several Open Houses in the Winter/Spring to help families who have entered (or plan to enter) the My School DC Lottery learn about our school and what it offers. We hold Open Houses that will focus on specific grade bands, with some geared toward ECE (Early Childhood Education, or PreKindergarten) and some geared toward our Kindergarten through 5th grade students. At each Open House you will be given a presentation about the school (daily life, curriculum, schedules, special subjects, our Community, and more) plus have the opportunity to ask questions (or just engage with) Administrators (Principal, Assistant Principal, or Manager of Strategy and Logistics), grade level teachers, current parents/guardians, and of course other families who are also going through the lottery process. You will then get a tour which will include a classroom visit. As always, children are welcome (and during day-time sessions, ECE-aged children can join the classroom for a few minutes). All questions regarding these Open Houses can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. The schedule is below:
- December 20 at 11am (all grades)
- January 24 at 4pm (ECE Only)
- February 9 at 11am (K-5 Only)
- February 16 at 4pm (ECE Only)