Next Meeting: TBD
The purpose of Miner Elementary PreK Parent Committee is to integrate parent and family engagement strategies into all systems and program services to support family well-being and promote children’s learning and development. The PreK Parent Committee develops relationships with parents and structure services to encourage trust and respectful ongoing two-way communication between staff and parents to create welcoming program environments that incorporate the unique cultural, ethnic and linguistic backgrounds of families in the program and community.
Ways To Make a Difference
- Work closely with committee leadership in developing and carrying out daily activities and policies.
- Help to plan and conduct special classroom activities and activities for parents and staff.
- Make suggestions about how the program could be improved.
- Elect two representatives and at least one alternate to serve on the Policy Council.
- Discuss problem areas and possible solutions.
- Discuss parent issues and other topics of interest in parent meetings.
- Parent Committee Co-Chairs: TBD
- Head Start Policy Council Representative: TBD
- Head Start Parent Advisory Group Representative: TBD
- DCPS ECE Family Services Coordinator: TBD
Upcoming Meetings & Events