Current Volunteering Opportunities
- Teacher Appreciation Lunch (Friday, June 9) The PTO would love to thank all our wonderful teachers and staff for all their hard work and dedication they bring to Miner! Texas Tech University is donating brisket so the teachers can make tacos or salads! Please see the link here to see how you can help make this luncheon a huge success! Items can be given to Ms. Cain in the front office. Please keep in mind there are roughly 70 staff members!
- LIBRARY VOLUNTEERS (Dates and Times flexible) Do you love books? Enjoy the quiet library environment? Have a few hours each week to spare? Miner seeks a few volunteers to help out in the library April-June with student book checkout and to re-shelve books. No particular expertise is required, however, a general knowledge of library cataloging is a bonus. Point of Contact: Principal Mial (email@example.com)
- PARENT SPONSORS Enrolling in a new school can be quite difficult, so that is why Miner would like to offer prospective and newly enrolled parents the opportunity to have a "Parent Sponsor" point of contact. The sponsor will provide guidance concerning enrollment, upcoming events and organizational positions here at Miner. This position will create a welcoming environment here at Miner, in addition to developing a fast rapport with incoming families. If you are willing to volunteer as a Parent Sponsor, we ask that you are flexible with who you may possibly sponsor. Any possible volunteers we ask that you reply to Dante Daniel (firstname.lastname@example.org) stating you would like to volunteer with your full name. A list of prospective families that request a sponsor will be taken then and further guidance will be forthcoming.
- WALK AND BIKE TO SCHOOL DAY TEAM The Walk and Bike to School Day Team seeks volunteers to provide local perspectives on walking and biking. As a champion for walking and biking in our community and a supporter of events like Walk and Bike to School Days, I wonder if you would be interested. The Walk and Bike to School Day Team would be reaching out approximately 3 to 4 times per year to seek input on walking and bicycling safety, attitudes and successes in our community. If you'd like to give this kind of input, please contact them at email@example.com.
- AARP EXPERIENCE CORPS AARP Foundation Experience Corps is an intergenerational volunteer-based tutoring program that is proven to help children who aren’t reading at grade level become great readers by the end of third grade. We inspire and empower adults 50 and older to serve in their community and disrupt the cycle of poverty by making a lasting difference in the lives of America’s most vulnerable children. Go to the AARP webpage for more information.
DCPS In-School Volunteer Programs
To become an in-school volunteer at a DCPS school, you must submit to background check, fingerprinting, and TB testing. Please see the links below for the complete volunteer application.