Next Meeting: Friday, October 6 at 8:45 AM in the Parent Resource Center
The purpose of Miner Elementary Early Childhood Education (ECE) Parent Committee is to integrate parent and family engagement strategies into all systems and program services to support family well-being and promote children’s learning and development. ECE Parent Committee develops relationships with parents and structure services to encourage trust and respectful ongoing two-way communication between staff and parents to create welcoming program environments that incorporate the unique cultural, ethnic and linguistic backgrounds of families in the program and community.
- Parent Committee Chair: Matt Renaud (PK4)
- Parent Committee Vice-Chair: Vacant
- PTO Liaison: Vacant
- Head Start Policy Council Representative: Vacant
- DCPS ECE Family Services Coordinator: Dante Daniel (email@example.com)
Upcoming Meetings & Events
Friday, October 6
- 8:45 AM - 9:30 AM in the Parent Center // PreK Parent Committee Meeting: PK3 and PK4 parents meet to discuss upcoming ECE events and get the latest news from DCPS’s Early Childhood Division.
Parent Sponsors Needed!
- Enrolling in a new school can be quite difficult, so that is why Miner would like to offer prospective and newly enrolled parents the opportunity to have a "Parent Sponsor" point of contact. The sponsor will provide guidance concerning enrollment, upcoming events and organizational positions here at Miner. This position will create a welcoming environment here at Miner, in addition to developing a fast rapport with incoming families. If you are willing to volunteer as a Parent Sponsor, we ask that you are flexible with who you may possibly sponsor. Any possible volunteers we ask that you reply to Dante Daniel (firstname.lastname@example.org) stating you would like to volunteer with your full name. A list of prospective families that request a sponsor will be taken then and further guidance will be forthcoming.