Next Meeting: Friday, November TBD at 8:45 AM and 3:30 PM in TBD location
The purpose of Miner Elementary PreK Parent Committee is to integrate parent and family engagement strategies into all systems and program services to support family well-being and promote children’s learning and development. The PreK Parent Committee develops relationships with parents and structure services to encourage trust and respectful ongoing two-way communication between staff and parents to create welcoming program environments that incorporate the unique cultural, ethnic and linguistic backgrounds of families in the program and community.
- Parent Committee Chair: Matt Renaud
- Parent Committee Co-Chairs: James Hunter and Nikeita Wynn
- PTO Liaison: Sheri Rigby
- Head Start Policy Council Representative: Rebecca Briscoe
- DCPS ECE Family Services Coordinator: Dante Daniel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Upcoming Meetings & Events
Friday, December 8
- 8:45 AM - 9:30 AM in the Parent Center // PreK Parent Committee Meeting: PK3 and PK4 parents meet to discuss upcoming ECE events and get the latest news from DCPS’s Early Childhood Division.
- 3:30 PM - 4:15 PM in the Parent Center // PreK Parent Committee Meeting: Afternoon version of the morning meeting.