The purpose of Miner Elementary Early Childhood Education (ECE) Parent Committee is to integrate parent and family engagement strategies into all systems and program services to support family well-being and promote children’s learning and development. ECE Parent Committee develops relationships with parents and structure services to encourage trust and respectful ongoing two-way communication between staff and parents to create welcoming program environments that incorporate the unique cultural, ethnic and linguistic backgrounds of families in the program and community.
- Parent Committee Chair: Matt Renaud (PK4)
- Head Start Policy Council Representative: Vacant
- Head Start Community Representative: Tiffany Stewart
- DCPS ECE Family Services Coordinator: Dante Daniel (email@example.com)
Upcoming Meetings & Events
- Thursday, June 8 from 8:15 AM - 9:30 AM in the ECE Common Area // Parent Committee Meeting: PK3 and PK4 parents meet to discuss upcoming ECE events and get the latest news from DCPS’s Early Childhood Division. Contact: Dante Daniel or Matt Renaud
- Tuesday, June 13 (Time TBD) // ECE Field Day & Send Off Cookout: This is a joint event hosted by the DCPS Family Support Team, ECE Parent Committee, and PTO. All ECE families are invited to come out for some field day fun plus outdoor cookout!
- Saturday, June 10 from 10:00 AM - Noon at TBD Location // Prospective/Incoming Parent Playdate: This is a joint event hosted by the DCPS Family Support Team, ECE Parent Committee, and PTO. Come join us to meet and greet prospective and incoming families to welcome them to Miner!
We will also be hosting playdates over the summer, one in July and one in August. Stay tuned for details!
Parent Sponsors Needed!
- Enrolling in a new school can be quite difficult, so that is why Miner would like to offer prospective and newly enrolled parents the opportunity to have a "Parent Sponsor" point of contact. The sponsor will provide guidance concerning enrollment, upcoming events and organizational positions here at Miner. This position will create a welcoming environment here at Miner, in addition to developing a fast rapport with incoming families. If you are willing to volunteer as a Parent Sponsor, we ask that you are flexible with who you may possibly sponsor. Any possible volunteers we ask that you reply to Dante Daniel (firstname.lastname@example.org) stating you would like to volunteer with your full name. A list of prospective families that request a sponsor will be taken then and further guidance will be forthcoming.