The purpose of Miner Elementary Early Childhood Education Parent Committee is to integrate parent and family engagement strategies into all systems and program services to support family well-being and promote children’s learning and development. ECE Parent Committee develops relationships with parents and structure services to encourage trust and respectful ongoing two-way communication between staff and parents to create welcoming program environments that incorporate the unique cultural, ethnic and linguistic backgrounds of families in the program and community.
- Parent Committee Chair: Matt Renaud (PK4)
- Head Start Policy Council Representative: Vacant
- Head Start Community Representative: Tiffany Stewart
Upcoming Meetings & Events
- Thursday, April 6 from 8:15am - 9:00am in the Parent Center (Rm 143) // ECE Parent Committee: PK3 and PK4 parents meet to discuss upcoming ECE events and get the latest news from DCPS’s Early Childhood Division.
- Saturday, April 22 at 10am in the ECE Garden/Playground // ECE Garden Prep Day: Bring your work gloves and gardening tools to help weed, dig holes, and install planters and barriers. Bring your kids for the play date at the garden.
- Thursday, April 27 at 4:30 in the ECE Garden // ECE Garden Planting & Beautification: Come meet other ECE families as we plant trees, herbs, and other plants to beautify the green space next to the playground. Parents and children will work on crafts to decorate the garden.